For the PDF version, please go to “Download” section here.
OSMAN CENAN ÇİĞİL
Foreign Trade Manager November 2016 to August 2018
Cangöz Müzik, Istanbul, Turkey
- Manage imports & logistics operations, brand management, marketing, and localisation of internationally manufactured musical instruments & accessories;
GEWA, QS Music (Musik Meyer GmbH), Pirastro GmbH, Thomastik Infeld, Laney, ESP LTD Guitars, Nux FX, D’addario Woodwinds, Vandoren, Kurzweil, Ritter Gigbags, Conn-Selmer, Ludwig, Bach, Remo, GruvGear, Jody Jazz, GEWA, Ringway, Dörfler, Altamira Guitars, Admira Guitars, Rigotti Ets., Hannabach, Washburn as well as dozens of Chinese vendors.
- Create OEM instruments in order to expand product segmentation aimed at different markets and channels.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, or customer issues.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and customer service logs.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services and recommend optimal transportation modes, routing and frequency.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Act as a bridge between local technical support and manufacturer companies in order to come up with solutions in order to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Discover new manufacturers in order to expand our brands’ range and create more segmentation.
- Attend international musical instruments trade shows, maintaining and developing trust-based relationships with renowned brands.
- Localisation of internationally manufactured brands in Turkish musical instruments market.
- Monitor competitor activities and delivering & executing integrated marketing plans and brands targets.
- Pricing imported products in order to ensure both end users and my dealer network get the best competitive price.
- Lead the web team for localisation, marketing campaigns, and customer service.
- Create and coordinate artist relationships for endorsement activities.
- Cooperate with the finance department to ensure all transfers made to vendors on time.
E-Commerce Manager, Technical Sales Support May 2014 to November 2016
MyDukkan.com, Istanbul, Turkey
- Guide over 100,000 customers and direct them to the right products that would meet their needs. This means being in direct contact with Turkish dealers of internationally manufactured musical instruments to find the right solutions for them, and to maintain a 100% customer satisfaction record.
- Responsible for localization of over 20,000 musical instruments and accessories aimed at Turkish musical instruments market.
- Act as a bridge between customers, technical services, and importers in order to get the fastest tech support for our customers.
- Set up the YouTube channel “Non-Biased Guitar Reviews” which has over 9 million views and 10,000 subscribers so far. I play various guitars, edit them, and reamp the raw signals to provide a fair product comparison for our clients.
- Test guitars that we sell daily to ensure they are in perfect condition before we ship them off to customers. I have tested over 3000 electric, acoustic bass and nylon string guitars as well as ukuleles from entry to professional level.
- Continuously do the manual testing website functions, write test reports and coordinate with web developers.
- Lead the product photography sessions to ensure our clients get the right visual information to make the best choice in product.
- Competent to full customer cycle starting from product order to delivery process including all orders, invoicing and shipment.
MBA, Marketing: University of Wales, Kensington College of Business, London, UK,
January 2011 to February 2012
The Impact of Online Collaborations on Competitive Edge (Download, ENG)
General English: Rose of York Language School, London, UK,
October 2009 to September 2010
Advanced English C1 Certificate
BSc: Dokuz Eylul University, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Izmir, Turkey,
September 2003 to July 2009
HAP Coating on Co28-Cr6-Mo Alloys (Download, TR)
- General English C1 Certificate
- Scrum Master Accredited Certification
INTERNATIONAL TRADE SHOWS
Frankfurt Musikmesse, 2017 and 2018 Exhibitions
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INTERESTS
Guitars, Trumpets, Home Recording, E-Commerce, Coding, Software Testing, Fitness, ISTQB (In Progress), Java Python (In Progress), Social Responsibility (MuzikKardesim.org), Betfair Trading